Week #3 We are Now the Lord´s Missionaries"

Hey everyone. It is great receiving all of your emails!. I love reading all of them. I am going to respond to all of them in one. I have to read them all super fast so I miss some stuff but I will try to cover as much as I can!

Ok so I have two big spiritual experiences to share. I have one more to share if I have time but there is two I definitely want to share. They are pretty long so they are probably going to be the rest of my email along with pictures. Here we go...

1. Piano
Ok so I had a huge accomplishment in my piano career at the CCM this week. On Sunday at the devotional, I accompanied my first choir in the EFY medley. It was made up of all the English speakers at the CCM so about 45 people. They asked me on Saturday and I was freaked out. I had a practice with everyone Saturday night and it was rough. I was speeding up, slowing down, cutting beats, it was BAD. It got me really scared for the devotional. That night, I got on my knees and came the most I have ever poured out my soul to God. There is a scripture where the Lord promises missionaries that he will be on the right hand and on their left. I literally needed the blessings from the promise so in prayer that night and all day Sunday, I prayed for divine assistance. And it came. I made some mistakes during the performance but it went really well and we all felt the Spirit which was the ultimate goal. I get to play it again later this week on Friday for Elder Zeballos, the only Chilean member of the First Quroum of the Seventy. Wish me luck!

2. Teresa
Here at the CCM, we practice teaching investigators with our teachers pretending to be investigators from their missons. Hermana Jimenez chose an investigator named Teresa. When you first meet an investigator, your biggest focus is finding their ned and then choosing gospel principles and scriptures that can answer that need. We found Teresa´s need pretty quick. Earlier in her life, she had an abortion. She had gotten pregnant when she was younger, her family was really poor, and she was not sure she could provide for the baby. So she had an abortion. Teresa is Catholic so when she talked to her priest, he told her that she could never be forgiven. So she had to deal with that for decades. During personal study, I was looking for something that could help Teresa know that through time and work, she would be forgiven through the Atonement. I felt impressed to share Alma 36 where Alma recounts his conversion story to his son Helaman. It provides a great contrast between the dark feelings of remorse and guilt and the aftereffects of joy and love of the Atonement. After we shared that with her, Hermana Jimenez stopped the lesson and gave us some feedback. She told us that she had worked with Teresa for months trying to figure out how to help her. They tried Nephi, Helaman, etc. No luck. They used Alma 36 and they were the exact words that conviced the real Teresa that she needed to be baptized and that she could be forgiven. It took Hermana Jiminez months to figure that out. Through the Spirit, we had received personal revelation on how to address her need in the second lesson we had with here. It taught me a very important lesson of personal revelation. God knows His Children and how to help them. All we have to do is set up an opportunity for the investigator and ourselves to feel the Spirit and God will take care of the rest.

Is the CCM rough? Absolutely. Do I get frustrated, homesick, exhausted, etc? All the time. But I have learned, like Nephi, that if I rely on the Lord, He provides a way for us to accomplish the things he commands us to do. This is especially helpful for this week. I go contacting for the first time tomorrow and I go proselyting for several hours on Friday. It is scary but I know that through Christ, I can do all things.

Love you guys,
Elder Evans(Landon)

Some answers to Landon's Mom questions: 
 -Ok, laundry here at the CCM is a beautiful thing. There is a sister who comes in every two days and does our laundry. Her name is Hermana Blance and she is a saint!
-Im taking care of myself. As a district, we practice futbol together during exercise time and I get a good work out in. 
Elder Myers and me with the other Elders in our room Elder Parrles and Elder Irriarte. 
They left yesterday. They were great

This is my ministerial certificate. Pretty sweet.  

Mirror selfie with my roommates

Better picture with all of my roomates. They were so helpful in mytransition to the CCM. 
I hope I can be as helpful to the newbies that come today

Me and my companion Elder Myers

Comments

Popular Posts