Week...Does someone know what week it is? I forgot

Hey guys. Great to hear from you all. I have so much to tell you about how great Santiago is .

But First, Mom´s questions....
--Communication is going ok. It is hard sometimes when I cannot communicate with the people but I have decided to learn and focus on listening with love. The people here are really nie so when I struggle with the language, they are really supportive and understand, member or not. ---My trainer Elder Nava has taught me a lot of patience, one with the language and second with myself and others.He has also taught me a lot of humility. He has so much more experience than I do so I try to learn as much as I can from him. I try to focus on what I can do in the future a a trainer to make the transition as smooth as possible for the missionaries I am going to train
---For breakfast, I have oatmeal with some yogurt mixed in, toast, and a banana. And Liders is close by so I can buy myself snacks to eat throughout the week- Don´t worry. I am eating healthy 
---I think I will be ok without boats. It is most important to leave the apartment prepared. Our apartment is actually a 20-30 min walk from our area so when we leave I have to take everything I will need for later that day. It is rough at times but at night it is worth it. 
---My roommates include Elder Nava from Peru,Elder Elizares from Peru as well, and Elder Cazier from...WASHINGTON. Pretty cool huh? He is from the Tri-Cities so we have talked about Washington a few times. He is a pretty cool guy. I will try to get a picture of them this week. 

This week was so much better than last week mostly because I tried to focus on the needs of others (my companion, investigators, roommates, etc) and less on my own. I have learned a lot that we often find happiness when we are not directly looking for it for ourselves. This has helped me to come to know my Savior a little bit better. 

So a little bit about my investigators. Along with Catalina, we have another processing investigator. Her name is Daniela and she is awesome. She has such a big heart and a powerful desire to learn about her Father in Heaven and His gospel I am so excited to see where she goes next. We also have another investigator named Valeska. She has a lot of questions about the gospel but every time we have taught here, I have felt the Spirit powerfully and seen how much she has progressed. It is so awesome to see the power the gospel of Jesus Christ can have in people´s lives. 

Something I learned this week is how much the gospel matters in my life. When I lived in Utah, it was very easy to miss the blessings of the gospel made in everyone´s lives because we were all living the gospel the best way we could. And so the gospel became sort of a norm. But now on my mission I have realized how much strength, love, happiness, and peace it brings to me and my family. There are so many people in the world that do not know the gospel and in Utah, it was kind of hard to comprehend that. But now, after meeting so many people that are lost in the dark and dreary paths of the world, like Lehi´s dream, I have started to understand how rare the joy we have in the gospel is. I have meet families that have been torn apart, people who have lost loved ones, people suffering from the choices of themselves or others, and many of them have no where to turn. And that is why I am here. To find those who are lost and draw them back to the tree of life or the love of God. 

Love you guys. I think about you and pray for all of you everyday. 

Elder Evans


Here is my view from my apartment. I love it!

 This is the phone my companion and I use. It is a dinosaur. I am actually kind of grateful for the time I had with my flip phone so I could prepare for this.

I think my selfie game has improved wouldn't you say? 
Ok it still stinks. Still have a lot more time to practice 

Comments

Popular Posts