Week #10 Have I Done Any Good In The World Today?

Hey guys it's been a busy week. Just going to get started right away. 

Q&A
1. Yes I am drinking soda. I can drink it if I need to but it is not something I go out seeking for. And I plan to keep it that way (Landon didn't like nor drank soda prior to his mission)
2. The holiday (Chile Independence Day) is kind of nuts down here. For the ward activity, there is going to be tons of food which I am so excited for. But it comes with a catch. Because of the holiday, a lot of shops are going to be closed. That means that there is a chance that you will not hear from me next week. It is a small chance but I wanted to give you a heads up.
3. I am more than fine with money. In fact, a lot of time I have surplus. I think it is because I am a little more conservative than other missionaries. I only eat out once a week and it is usually just one completo which is like 2 dollars so money is just fine down here. 

That was so cool that you guys went to a Chilean reastraunt. I agree with Dad. You can never go wrong with cheese empanadas. Congrats Jacob on student council. Way to go bud. It was cool to see pictures of Lydia doing cross country. Just wait, Lydia, until you get to high school. Cross country gets way better.

So two cool stories really quick. This week we met with a wonderful older gentleman named Francisco. His wife has cancer and he is not in that great of shape himself. But he is a great guy and wanted to hear our message. The lesson started out really well. I had a good opportunity to share my testimony with him and he shared his feelings with us. The Spirit was strong. Based on what he was sharing, what we knew about him, and how we felt, it was obvious that we needed to talk about the temple. When we did, he actually started to cry. I nearly did too. The Spirit was strong. What was cool for me as well was that I understood his need perfectly but I understood probably 5 words of what he said. It helped me realize I could make a difference even though I cannot communicate.

Second story. On Sunday we went out to pick up a less active member for chuch. Our area and our chapel are a 30 min walk from our apartment so we had to head out earlier than usual. We get 10 mins in and it starts to rain. And in Santiago, when it rains, it pours. We could not turn back or we were going to be late so we just kept pushing through. Our member friend was not able to come which was disappointing but a member family let us into their home and let us dry off. My suit was pretty drenched so they let me borrow a similar suit coat. On our way out, Sister Duran(The name of the family) gave me some suit pants as well and said to keep them both. So now I have a 3rd suit. It is in faily decent condition and it fits. I will sent pictures of it. I was very gracious and thanked them a lot for it. Blessings come from literally everywhere on the mission.

Well that is it for this week. Love you guys. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers and know that you are in mine too.

Love you all
Elder Evans

This is the suit.  What do you think? 

 My selfie for the week

This is our kitchen and our laundry room. Kind of tight with 4 missionaries but we make it work 


 So in our apartment on 2 shelves we have a pile of Church materials(pass along cards, pamphlets, etc) 


This is my scripture case for when I enter the field. It is made out of a old oatmeal cereal box  and cut out pictures from Church magazines

Comments

Popular Posts