Week #11 Speaking Up, Standing Out

Hey everyone, it is great to hear from all of you and about all the things happening at home. It is good to know that all of you are busy and happy. Good to know Jake is mowing the lawn. Hope he enjoys it beause he is going to be doing it for awhile. 

Q&A
1. Spanish is actuallly is going reallly well. I am nowhere close to fluency but it is definitely starting to improve. Something I learned is insetad of focusing in what I cannot understand, I choose to rejoice in what I do understand and express gratitude in my prayers for the help my Father in Hevane has sent me. Once we show our Father in Heaven that we appreciate something, he will give us more. Of course, it will be line upon line, precept upon precept but it will come. 
2. The charger has not come yet but I am sure it will soon. Funny story. Yesterday I got the letter you sent through Dear Elder in my first week in the CCM. I opened it up and read it and just chuckled. I think it was just a problem in the mail service at the CCM because a sister in my district had the same problem. If you want, we can try it again and see how it works
3. We do use the bus occasionally and the train for things like zone conference or firesides but most of my time is walking. I actually kind of enjoy it. I just figure I have ran farther distances during cross country so walking is going to be a synch.
4. The food is actually really good and yes I am eating plenty of fruits and vegetables. What is nice is that a lot of produce is actually really cheap so I can get plenty of it to eat dring the week.
5. I am actually not using the shoulder bag. It s really nice and I use it for zone conference but that is only once a month. For other things, like playing soccer with my zone or intercambios, I need a bigger bag. Do not worry. I have one that Elder Cazier gave me that he never uses. 
6. I do not need anything as of right now. Just knowing you guys are happy back at home is all I need. 

Ok so actually for this wek's email I want to give you guys some heads up of things to come in future emails. There is so much to do and so much I want to tell you about so here we go...
1. Teaching piano- The hermanas in our ward have investigators that want to learn how to play the piano. This one is going to be fun because I have never done it in English, let alone Spanish. We are going to start really basic and see where it goes. Maybe Elder Blonquist can send me some tips.
2. Teaching English- One of the ways that Preach My Gospel suggets we can find people to teach is to offer English classes. So me, Hermana Siebach from Texas and Hermana Naverrete from Chile are going to start to teach English. Another thing I have never done before but I am sure it will be a great experience
3. Leading the Area- This Thursday we have transfers for a day with our district leader. My trainer is going to work with the district leader and the other missionary is coming to our area and working with me which means I am going to be leading the area. Kind of scary but I am super excited for the experience and to find how I can improve as a missionary,

18th of September here in Chile is kind of like July 4th but I like the 4th better. We had a great activity with our ward on Saturday and we had lunch with the bishop on the 18th but as a national holiday, it was a it of a let down. But that does not matter. I am here for the benefit of others, not mine own. 

Love you guys
Elder Evans


 This is me and the ward missionary leader. He is great guy and incredibly good at dancing.

Me trying out some of the Chilean dance costumes. It was pretty fun!

 On Friday, we helped prepare for the ward activity and we made some many empanadas. 
I loved it! There were SO MANY empanadas. It was a beautiful sight!

 Ward Chilean Independence Day Party

 Even though the charger has not come, we have a great speaker system in the apartment.
 Pretty glad I still can listen to my music. 

Comments

Popular Posts