Week #12 Drawing the Power of Jesus Christ into our Lives

So much to talk about this week and I actually mean it this time. Life as a missionary is busy but this week. Wow...get ready. We are going for a ride }
Q&A
-- I do not drink milk very often. Chocolate milk occasionally but it is not very available and not as good as the stuff at home
--yes I am healthy. I am trying to work hard during exercise, eating a balanced diet,etc. I am feeling good. I will let you know if I do not 
--The package has not come yet but I am positive it will come next week. 
--Dinner appointments are like once a week It is fine. We ate plenty during lunch and we are supposed to take an hour for dinner at night so we are good
--I miss a lot of food from home but the first thing hat comes to mind is cinnamon rolls. 
-- I am getting along with my companion but some things have come up that might put a few bumps into the road. I will explain later
-- In my first transfer we taught roughly 66 lessons without a member and 21 with members. There is a lot of teaching here to d. The problem is fulfilling commitments. That explains why I do not have any baptisms right now but we have some progressing investigators so all is good. 

Directing the area went great. I worked with an Elder Mendez from Ecuador and we got a lot of work done. He is a good missionary but he did not do much contacting so I had to do all of it which was fine because I need the practice. My companion and my mission president have talked with me a lot about opening my mouth and having initative with sharing the gospel. I have done well but I could do better. Thursday was definitely a confidence booster fo me. I had to do a lot of the work but we were able to fulfill our goals for the day. 

Yesterday we had transfers. Elder Cazier left for another area and we had a change too. We changed apartments. We moved to a condo close to the chapel and it is just me and Elder Nava. It is going to be a change but I am excited for it. The apartment is really nice and I will be sure to send pictures next week. Sometimes it is hard to get along with Elder Nava but I think this change will help improve our relationship. This companionship has taught me a lot of patience with others and my own weaknesses. Our investigators are to be taught by us and we are to be taught from on high(See Doctrine and Covenants 43:16. I think. It is somewhere around there. ) 

Leaving this apartment and on to another. Picts of the new apartment to come soon!

 Name tags and the Books of Mormon

Us Elders (Nava, Elizares, Cazier, and Evans) in the apartment for one last time. They are all great and I look up to all of them


Finally I want to share something special this week. When I started here in the field, I really struggled wth everything. Homesickness, the language, my companion, etc. During personal study, i looked for resources of strength to endure through the day. One of those soures was general conference talks. I read once called Drawing the Power of Jesus Christ into Our lives by Russell M Nelson. In it, he talks about how he engaged in a certain project in order to come to know the Savior better. This project was to mark every scripture under Jesus Christ in the Topical Guide and the following sections. He said when he finished, he told his wife he was a chaged man. When I read this, I knew that if this could change an Apostle of the Lord, it weould do miracles fo me. So I did it. It was really hard at times. Sometimes I wanted to stop or did not understand why I needed to mark a particular scripture but I finished.. And I can add my testmony to Presdient Nelson that I am a changed man. My conversion to the Savior flouished during the last few weeks while doing this project. It changed my life and the way I look at the gospel and myself. While you guys do not necessarily do this particular project, I would invite all of you to look for one way you can come to know the Savior. Coming to know the Savior is crucial in this life. Because without him, we would all be lost forever doomed tp terrible things far beyond our imagination. With him,Our lives begin to change. Life here on earth does not necesarily become easier. What it becomes is possible. 

Love you guys
Elder Evans

The Javiera Carrera District

Picture of my Zone

Proof that I have been drinking soda. Only when I need to like with members and such.

This is a charrasco. It is a mess but it is so good. There is met, guac, tomatoes, cheese, etc. 


Comments

Popular Posts