Wk #15 If the Savior stood beside me.....

Oh how I love P-Day. I am so grateful I get to hear from you guys every week and get to send my own experiences. It has been a good week with some ups and downs but there is always joy to find in the work. 

Piano Update: I figure at this point in my mission, I will be playing the piano enough that I can probably tell you all something new each week about my piano experience. This Sunday we had our first choir practice for stake conference and it went really well. I have a lot of music to play but a lot of it is music I already now or fairly easy to learn. Except one piece... the choir director threw me a curveball the other day. He wants me to play the accompaniment for The Spirit of God arranged by Mack Wilberg for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. YEAH!!!!...well kind of. I still play piano in church every week and I will be accompanying the elders quorum in a special musical number this Sunday. I feel so busy with all of this and I have not even started talking about my investigators....

All my music and there is more to come...

Also, English classes have started up. We have them on Saturdays at 6 p.m. I work with the hermanas in our ward to prepare and teach the lessons. The classes are only for a hour so there are not bad but they do require preparation. English classes are also becoming a great way to find new people to teach because often people bring their friends that are not members who ant to learn English. What do you know? Preach My Gospel was right yet again. 

Two investigators to talk about this week:
1. Daniela- In order to obtain an interview for a baptism, here in Santiago, an investigaor needs to attend church 3 times. This Sunday Daniela finally got her third attendance. She is going to have a baptismal interview this Saturday and we are working so hard to get her ready. If she passes she will be baptized on the 28th. Yeah!!!
2. Nicholas- Nicholas is 13 years old. We found him contacting less active members. Nicholas´father is less active and his mom is a convert. Nicholas has started to receive the lessons and we have scheduled a date for him in November. We have a lot of work to do but he is progressing really well. 

Me, Elder Nava, and 2 recent converts of the hermanas in our ward, Cristobal and Ignacio
(wearing our missionary name tags)


That is about for this week. Just one last question for the week. After General Conference and some other things, I felt prompted to focus on my strengths and how I specifically contribute to the work. Piano is obviously one way but I just wanted to get a few ideas of what you guys think. I have my own list and thought it would be cool to compare. 

Love you all
Landon

In English the sign means Here thre is always bread. Oh how I love Chile. 
This is probably one of my favorite sights of the city

Me doing pull ups. I can do 3 pull ups now so halfway to my goal

One selfie for the week. Still Practicing

Comments

Popular Posts