Week #21 Thanksgiving in Chile

Hey guys wow I cannot believe that Thanksgiving was this week. Honestly, I did not remember that it was Thanksgiving until halfway through the day and while i was a little sad, I had so much to be grateful for. A little bit more on that later 

Getting in a little exercise



Q&A 
Who in your ward has had a big impact on you? 
A person in my ward that has made the most of a difference for the work here is probably the ward mission leader. We have correlation with him every week on Wednesdays and he is really helpful and genuine when we are talking about how we as missionaries and the ward can work together to bring people unto Christ

How can we be better missionaries at home? 
The work is a lot different here in Chile than it is in Utah but my only advice for you guys back at home is if you meet a new convert or investigator in the ward, befriend them immediately. There are a lot of good converts here in this area. The problem is that when they were baptized, their only friends were the missionaries. Of course missionaries change and these converts lost their only true friends in the ward. And then they go inactive because they feel like no one in the ward real cares about them. It is very sad and what's worse is that it keeps happening. We have found so many less actives that left simply because they felt like they did not belong. So befriend a new convert or if someone is going inactive simly be their friend. It is amazig how much a genuine smile and Hello can do for one person. 

What is new with your investigators? 
Great news. Remember Manuel, the man who was baptized but was never confirmed? We received the green light to finally baptize him.(One of the many things to be grateful for) The only problem is we have to find him. I am positive that once we find him and extend the invitation he will accept. I will let you know how it goes. 

How is your Spanish? 
Spanish is so so. No dreams and english is very few and far between but it is Ok. I am understanding better. The challenge right now is speaking clearly and understandably. I only have 4 months(5 next Monday 😁) so I am still learning but it is coming along one day at a time. 

What is something you and your companion laugh about? 
 One thing that has made us laugh is that many people in the street try to say hi to me in the street in English. Many "What's up man?" and "Hello gringo". It is all they can say in English so I just say hi back and we just walk along laughing about how often it happens

How has the mission changed you? 
For me, the mission has grown my testimony in the reality of the gospel. The precepts we learn in the scriptures and in general conference and in chuch are not just answers to pass a test. The stories abut our premortal life or Christ's life are not just stories to read for leisure. They are real things that actually happened and that are affecting our lives as we speak. There was a war in heaven and it has continued to here on Earth. We really are trying to do everything we can to return to the presence of our Father in Heaven. And that is where the Atonement has strengthened me as well. The Atonement is something real and powerful that really can help me overcome my challenges and trials as well for you guys and my investigators. I just love the gospel because it is true and it is real.
Selfie

Thanksgving in Chile was pretty different simply because they do not celebrate. No turkey no rolls,etc.But I had so much to be grateful for this Thursday. For example, this Thusday we found the most new investigators I have ever found in one day in my mission. We found 9 investigators and taught 10 lessons that day. It was busy and exhausting and it was exciting. While I was sad to miss out on the festivities I was so grateful I was in Chile bringing people unto Christ. 

Love you guys
Landon
You learn all kinds of things on the mission. One thing I learned is to solve the rukics cube 3x·3 completely

Got the school pics of Lydia and Jacob.
Now I have them on my desk where I can see them every ay and the rest of the family


Comments

Popular Posts