Week #22 Light the World

Hey guys! Things are going down here in Chile. It is kind of fun looking at all of the pictures you send me and seeing you guys in coats hats and gloves and I am down here in 80 degree heat. It is fun thinking at I am experiencing summer in December. But hey yesterday I hit the 5 month mark and it is just going to keep going. 

Q&A's
- I did not get to watch the Christmas Devotional which was kind of a bummer but it is Ok. I am sure I can read the talks later. 

- Light the World is great down here. We get a small box of cards each week and they are great ways to have a conversation with someone in the street. Every time we meet with an investigator or member we talk about Light the World. Of course Light the World is a bigger thing in Utah but it is still great down here. 

-I have not met anyone from Brigham's mission yet but I did meet a guy that served there several years ago. If I meet someone I will let you know

-New investigators...so-so. What is hard down here is that we can find a good amount of new investigators in a week. But wait another week and half of them are gone or not interested. Kind of frustrating but what can you do? We do have two really good ones: Ana and Benjamin. They are both learning really quickly and we are excited for things to come. 

- Clothes all good except one pair of paints that is kind of struggling. It is still functional and looks good but it is a little beat up from all the work, walking, etc.

-My favorite P Day activity is going to a Peruvian restaurant with Elder Nava and just stuffing myself full of good food. Probably second is playing futbol even though I am not that good

- My favorite thing a member has fed me so far was this soup called the soup of a missionary. It is kind of rare here in the mission Not many families know about it. It has seafood and a bunch of other good stuff. 

-Piano playing is going good. Just playing in sacrament meeting for now. 

- An inside joke of the mission is all the Chilean words that we use. Elders like Elder Nava has never used certain Chilean words until their mission and the gringos...not a chance. So it is kind of fun to play around with the different Chilean words we know. Chanta, flighty, tronky, chuta

Christmas down here is weird but awesome. It is hot and dry but so much fun. We have an open chapel thios week and a mission Christmas fireside this Sunday. I will try to get pictures at both. We are so busy this week with the open chapel, interiews with president, firesides. I love being busy because I feel livolved in the work and the time just flies. I love you guys so much. Know that I am doing way good down here and I think of you all every day

Love you all
Elder Evans

We do not have a bar but we have weights so we took a broomstick and that is what we use to work out in the mornings!

Got my General Conference magazine yesterday! I have already read at least 10 talks. I have been waiting for this so long and was so excited when it turned up. 

Letters coming your way

Comments

Popular Posts