Week #23 Saludos de Temporadas

Hey everyone! Wow so much good news this week. Grandma and Grandpa's mission call, Lydia was cast as Ariel, and all the other good Christmas tidbits. So great to hear that everyone is doing well and excelling. 

Quick Q&A
1. We have a Christmas "conference" on Christmas Day which, being honest, might make Christmas Skype a bit complicated. We are going to see every picture of every baptism and temple visit this year and every Christmas President Morgan gives us ties. We also get lunch so all in all a very good Christmas ahead. 
2. Transfers are next week which has been on my thoughts lately. More on that later....
3. Christmas is different in Chile because well, first it is so hot. Second Christmas is practically their summer vacation here in Chile so a lot of people are gone on vacation. I am kind of interested to see how people will respond when we knock doors on Christmas day

Ok so transfers. Sunday night we are going to get a call from the zone leaders telling us what are the changes the next transfer. Me and Elder Nava have talked about it a lot the last few days and we both feel like he is going to leave next week. I believe that I am going to stay for at least one more transfer which is nice. I do not even feel close to being done with my work here in Javiera Carrera. 
Sunday Selfie!  (note from Landon's mom:  Landon's mission has a rule about not taking their camera out when they are out teaching and proselytizing, so that is why every week we get a few "selfies" from him inside his apartment)

Piano is Ok. I am glad to hear about Jacob and his involvement in piano(Keep it up bud). But for me right now piano is a bit of a low right now. Sunday was rough. Made some pretty big mistakes and misunderstood a lot of Spanish. A bit rough but all I could do was keep pushing forward. I haver heard from other missionaries that the stake is going to want my help with their Christmas devotional on the 23rd but they have not really reached out. I have decided if they do I will agree to help but I have no intentions on pursuing it. I have too much to do as it is. 

This week was pretty good and I am excited for the things to come. It is weird that this Friday I will have been out in the field for 4 months. The time has just flown by. It was so hard in the beginning but I can honestly say that I love this work. I have found so much fulfillment in it. I still have a lot of time left on the mission abut I know that when it is done I am going to miss it so much. 

Love you guys
Landon

Enjoying my new tie from Grandma and Grandpa

My new scripture case I made out of a cereal box 

Comments

Popular Posts