Week #27 Brightly Beams Our Fathers Mercy

Hey everyone how is it going? Wow you guys are going to Disneyland? That's awesome. How is the cold going back in the States? I am pretty sure it is not in Utah but a lot of people have told me about how bad the snow is in some places. Well at least in Disneyland you will be able to get away from the snow and the cold

Q&A
1. The work went very well this wek. We sent 2 more baptismal dates this week(all for February). That makes a total of 6. There is a lot of work ahead with all of these people but Elder Lucen and I are more than wiling to put in the work to get them ready for baptism. It is a little overwhelming at times but it is so exciting. 
2. New investigators are kind of weird down here. We often find some great people and then the next time we meet with them they are too busy or they never really cared in the first place. No investigators came to church this week so that is something we are going to focus on in these next coming weeks especially the people with dates because if they do not come to church they will never be baptized
3. Elder Lucena is awesome. It is cool to say I have had a companion from Peru(and also Argentina..long story). And now I can say I had one from Brazil. One older missionary told me he had a companion from practically every country represented by a missionary here. 
4. Regarding whether I stay with Elder Lucena very long is up in the air. This part is also something that could be a little frustrating at times. This is my 4 transfer here and that it is usually the time when the chance that you get transferred to a new area rises. I could be here one more transfer or ina few weeks I will be gone. The latter is kind of frustrating if it happens because that will mean I will miss out on all the baptisms we have right now. But if the Lord wants me to serve in a new area next transfer, that is what I will do. I will go where He wants me to go
5. Today we have a zone activity. We are going to play with water balloons and maybe soccer too. We also are going to eat ice cream. I will try to get a few pictures
6. Joy=Baptismal dates, easily. Also we fulfilled a lot of our other goals as well this week so that gave me a lot of joy. Disocuragement= Nobody came to church and I could possibly be leaving soon
7. The best thing I ate this wek is a drink/dessert called mote con huesillos. It is like apple juice with 2 peeled peaches inside and some kind of wheat at the bottom. When I first came across it it was kind of weird but now I love it. 
8. I often make eggs for myself or some times French toast. We do not have a lot of things to cook in so I do not cook much.
9.We walk at least 10 miles every dya. We have to walk at least 2 miles every day just to get to our area and 2 more to return and all the walking in between...my legs are so tired...

Have fun in Disneyland and have a fun Martin Luter Kings weekend. Love you guys!

Landon

 I made the Reeses brownies that you sent me for Christmas and shared them with my zone. They were so good. Thank you so much!

Selfie with Elder Lucena

Me and my good friend milk (yes the milk down here is in a box. Dang I miss cows milks)


Elder Goodman our zone leader gave us an actually really good weight to use during exercise. Adios broomstick

Comments

Popular Posts