Week #29 I Love Missionary Work!

Hey guys one week down here in Chile. This week was interesting. The last time I wrote I forgot to mention that the pope came to town. There was not really much of a change for us when we came. We talked about it a lot but nothing major happened. 

This week we had interviews with President Morgan. They were awesome! well the interview was. We had to wait nearly 5 hours in the chapel just to have our interviews. I was so tired once we left. President Morgan is so awesome. I cannot believe that he leaves in July. That brings up another thing I forgot. When we watched the funeral for President Monson, afterwards President Morgan announced who our new mission president is going to be. His name is President Brotherson. He is from Virginia and is actually the vice president of Southern Virginia University. His wife will be coming as well with their 16 year old daughter Grace. It is sad to see President Morgan go but I am so excited to see what President Brotherson brings to the mission. 

Quizas my last district meeting. Love these guys

The baptismal dates took a toll this week. We lost 2 (Maria and Amanda) because they did not come to church this Sunday. We are going to set another one with them. Kind of frustrating but we had a great lesson with them, the bishop, his wife, and the Relief Society President. Another frustrating thing is Ana and Benjamin, two of our other baptismal dates. They still have some time until their dates fall through but they have shown little to no interest in continuing with the lessons. Kind of rough but we are just going to keep working with them for now. 

This week is going to be wild. This Thursday we have to go into the center of Santiago in order to do work on Elder Lucena's visa. Then the next day we have to go back to do mine. On Saturday we are going to the temple with one of Elder Lucena's converts. We are going to be very busy the next few days with not a lot of time to work in the field. 

Immigration paperwork yeah!

My email next week may have some exciting new. We have transfers next Monday so next time I write I will be able to tell you guys if I am leaving Javiera Carrera or if I will be here one more transfer. I honestly do not know which one it is going to be and being sincere, I am honestly going to be fine either way. A new area and companion is super exciting but I would also be super down to work with Elder Lucena this next transfer and maybe have a few baptisms. We will just have to wait and see.

Love you guys
Landon

The following several pictures are of Landon "Elder Evans" with members of his ward before his former companion was transferred.  He was excited to finally get these pictures! 






 I can sense a Brian Reagan joke coming with this pic

Comments

Popular Posts