Week #36 This Is My Quest!

Hey everyone Elder Evans checking in from Chile. All is going good down here. It is still hot but cooling down a little bit day by day. Today is the beginning of a new transfer and I am so excited for what`s next

Q&A
Tell me a little bit about your ward?  This ward is awesome. They work and they are very helpful. Especially the bishop. What a good guy. He is always willing to help and is very involved and interested in the work we do. We also have a bunch of young men to leave with us. We just have to coordinate well when they can go out with us. 

Picture with the Arzola Family in the ward

Tell us about the Elders in your apartment?  So before I was with Elder Lima, Elder Harris-Boundy, and Elder Bastias. Elder Lima is from Brazil and Elder Harris-Boundy is from San Fransico (He studied for a year in Utah State and is going to continue after. Thought you would like to know that 😁) But Elder Lima left 2 days ago because he finished his 2 years. So we have a new roommate. He is named Elder Di Leo from Argentina (from Brigham`s mission actually). It is a fun apartment and we have had a lot of good times there 

Goodbye lunch for Elder Lima at Carl's Jr. 

What do you usually eat for breakfast? For breakfast I usually eat cereal(granola actually) But I have pancake mix and eggs so I also change it up sometimes. I do not like making anything too special because it means I will have a lot to clean up afterwards. 
What was a challenge you have had recently?  Something challenging last week was  after exchanges with the zone leaders. I was with one in his area and one of them came to mine. When I came back I found a huge mess. They had eaten a ton of food and made a huge breakfast. There was 2 other elders(Elder Lima was on changes too) there as well who also ate a ton. The zone leaders left for their area and so did the other missionaries leaving me and Elder Bastias with a huge mess to clean up. Elder Bastias did not help too much so I was left with a giant pile of dishes and a dirty kitchen and apartment to clean. There was 4 of them and none really helped clean up their mess. Kind of frustrating but it had to be done. 
How is Patricia doing? Patricia is doing well. She has her interview this week. It might to be good to pray for her. We were not able to meet for a week due to some money troubles she had and we are running tight on time to finish the lessons. Hopefully it all goes over well. I will let you all know next week
What are your plans for P-day? We had to pick up Elder Di leo in the morning and after this we are going to buy food. I assume Elder Bastias is going to want to rest for the rest of the day. My companions have been that way so far in the mission. They love to take naps. I actually do not. It just leaves me more tired afterwards and hard to sleep at night. In all my mission, I have only taken one nap. I do not know how long that is going to continue but for now I am doing ok

We got the transfers yesterday. Elder Bastias is staying for another transfer. We have a lot to do the next couple of weeks. Every transfer passes by so fast and gets quicker and quicker every time. I love this work and I love this people and I love the Lord. 

Have a wonderful week. Les amo! Hasta luego!
Elder Evans

Pictures with the Ward Mission Leader

A new haircut! 

Comments

Popular Posts