Week # 49 Come What May and Love It

Buenos dias como están? This week was pretty interesting with the weather that has been going on lately. Santiago is known for its rainstorms but up until now I have never really been out in one while proselyting. This week I was. It was crazy. There was no one in the streets. We were soaked. BUT I LOVED IT: The people that did see us while we were out in the rain must have thought we were crazy. But in that storm I came to know that I really love what I do despite the circumstances.  

It's winter in Chile!  View from my apartment


This week was great in many ways. There was a baptismal service on Saturday in our ward and I accompanied one of the Primary kids sing a solo of When I am Baptized. It went really well and I enjoyed it a lot. We are also getting Patricia ready to go to the temple to do baptisms for the dead. That is going to be an amazing spiritual experience when that happens. 

Sunday Selfie


This next week is going to be awesome. This Sunday President Morgan is holding his last fireside. Hopefully we can get someone to go with us( an investigator, less active) because it is going to be so good. I am also going to be doing my first baptismal interview this Saturday. Elder Myers and Elder Johnson have a great investigator getting baptized soon and I will be interviewing him this Saturday. We also have zone conference this Thursday so we are going to be plenty busy. Being district leader is a blast but it is a lot of work with 8 missionaries to look over. Things will start to get really busy once district meetings start and transfers as well. This transfer is going to fly. 

Roommate selfie before heading out to a meeting with President Morgan

Love you guys. Excited to talk to you guys soon via Skype on the 24th!
Elder Landon Evans

Comments

Popular Posts