Week #55 Elder Evans sang as he walked...and walked...and walked...and walked

Hey everyone! How is Pioneer's Day? It is today right? I have honestly forgotten holidays and do not realize when they happen until they have already past. But hope today is super fun anyway!

Q&A
1. How is Violeta Cousiño? How is it different from your last area? Violeta Cousiño can be described in 3 words: The Promised Land. There are SO MANY good people here.And I am not just saying that(For example look at the miracle at the end of this email) With a lot of hard, effective work, it is very possible we have a handful of baptisms in the next few weeks. It is huge though. I would say that from top to bottom it is at least 3 miles and sometimes we have to walk at leastthat distance every now and then just to get to lunch. But we are so blessed to be where we are. 
2. What is the direction of your new apartment? Peñalolén, Región Metropolitana, Chile
A kind of blurry picture of the sunrise I took one day. We have a super sweet view from where we live.

3. How are new living conditions? Do you have other roommates I am in a nice apartment with my companion and 2 other missionaries: Elder Robins and Elder Dixon. Elder Dixon started his training last week and Elder Robins started the mission a transfer before I did so we know a lot of the same people. We live in a casita(little house) with 2 floors. It is really nice and I really like it

Selfie with Elder Gonzalez!

4. Do you still write emails from the church? Yes...it could change soon but for now we will continue to write here in the chapel. 
5. How is being back with Elder Bastias? Is he in your district or just the zone? He is in my district. It is super fun to be with him. In fact I have intercambios (exchanges) with him tomorrow so I will let you know how that goes next week. He is probably even more excited about it than I am. He calls us every night and always wants to talk. He ends home at the end of this transfer so I am going to try to enjoy it while he is still here. 
6. Did you you ever buy boots? I have not yet and I probably won't. I talked to some other elders recently who had boots in their apartment that are about my size. They are going to get it to me soon for now I do not see the need of buying some. 
7. How is winter? In the pension we have plug in space heaters which work realy well. I am using the sheets and the comforter which is really good at night. I have not used the water bottle yet. Mostly because for me personally, all of that is enough. I am probably going to beak it out one of these days though. 

Ok to finish up I wanted to share a quick miracle with you guys. On Wednesday we were in weekly planning when we got a call from sister missionaries from Mexico with a reference for us.It was kind of a shock that we got a international call but the reference we got was even more suprising. His name is Schneider. He is 21 years old and is from Haiti. He had entered Mormon.org and started an Internet chat witht the sister missionaries we were talking to. He told them he really wanted to be baptized. They gave us his number and we called right away. He is super nice and talks Spanish really well. He came to church on Sunday and later that Sunday night we met him and his wife and invited both of them to be baptized. And they both accepted. Schneider is probably going to be baptized sooner but they are both golden investigators. All of this happened in less than a week. It grew my testimony that God directs this work and that we are going to win because of that. I love being here on the mission and being able to serve where I am. 

Love you guys. Talk to you soon!
Elder Evans

The maps of our area. It is huge....

My new desk

Comments

Popular Posts