Week #54 Let Us All Press On!

Hey everyone? What is going on? I am doing great down here in Chile. We have had a few changes recently. I got transferred yesterday. I am now in La Reina in an area called Violeta Cousino. I am junior companion with my companion being Elder Gonzalez. He is from Peru and we have about the same time in the mission. In fact we will be going home at the exact same time. I was full of a mix of emotions when I heard I got transferred. Happy because I have heard many good things about my new area and my new companion. Sad because I had to leave Geronimo. I love the people there so much. I knew there was a reason I had to be there and the members there was part of that reason. 

 One awesome family from Geronimo The Barrientos. The dad is Chilean. The mom is from Japan. Definitely my favorite family from Geronimo



Me and my new companion Elder Gonzalez!

My last week in Geronimo went really well. Like I mentioned last week, I went on splits on Thursday with Elder Myers. I took a photo to remember(see photo). We had another missionary with us  so that is why we were in a trio(Long story). It was also an eventful day on Sunday because Elder Di Leo(my roommate) and Elder Nava(my trainer) went home. Time flies. I remember when I met both of them and that was almost a year ago. It is also crazy to think I have less than a month in the mission. Just have to keep pressing forward, praying, and growing my faith in the Lord and His Promises. 

 Elder Myers, Elder Sanchez and I

My new area is giving me deja vu in the moment. It is a lot like Javiera Carrera. I am with a companion from Peru, we live in a pension of 4, we have to walk 1/2 hour just to get to our area, and I arrived in about the same time. Kind of weird but I am excited to be here. Even though I miss Geronimo a lot and I am not accostumed to here yet, I know the Lord has people for me here that I need to find and that I need to help. 

Last great bit of news: Elder Bastias is in my district! I was so excited when I heard that. Love that guy. My companion Elder Gonzalez is district leader so that means later on we will be doing ineercambios together! Woo hooo!

Love you guys! Take care
Elder Evans

La Florida Zone-Love these guys 

Last time with Carls JR😭 

Comments

Popular Posts