Week #64 Working in a Trio

If you read this title and thought we had transfers, no worries we did not. I chose that as a title for a specific reaon which I wil reveal later. 

Certain responses I had to things that happened this week at home:
1. Great job Lydia at the homecoming song! Your voice has come a long way since I last remember. It was sweet! 👏
2. That green drink that Kaitlyn had is called mate. There are people that I like but personaly, I abhor it. I tried it once with Elder Nava and it was nasty. Maybe it depends on the way you prepare it but I pass. 

Q&A
1. What's new? Hey you guys remeber Schneider, the reference from sister missionaries in Mexico? He's back!!! and he did not return alone. His wife is also interested in the Church and they both have desires to be baptized. Woo hooo!!!
2. How was your meeting with Elder Bragg? It was awesome. This is where my explanation for my title comes in. Elder Bragg taught a lot how in a companionship of two we have to really work in a trio. For example, it is me, Elder Goodman, and the Holy Ghost in our companionship. If we have the Spirit we preach the Gospel in the Lord's way and we will have success. BTW, Elder Bragg told us to get ready for general conference. He says some changes are on the way. The elders in our apartment and I have started a countdown waiting for the glorious day of General Conference. 

The conference with Elder Bragg

3. And your mission president interviews? Super super awesome ., He gave me some great advice for training and he also was really encouraging for the days ahead. President Brotherson is incredible. He is so kind and selfless. I have learned a lot from him and I will continue to do so. 
4. How is your weather? Heating up but there are rapid changes when one day it is fairly cold and then the next day is sweltering hot. But it is kind of like Utah so I am used to it. 
5. How is Jean Martain and other people you are teaching doing?  Jean Martin is doing great. He has a baptismal date for the 17th of November. All we have to do is get his work figured out so he can come to church. We have 2 other people that are coming along: Matias and Susan. Matias is Chileno and came to church on Sunday. He has real intent to learn and is very open to what we teach. Susan is from Peru and she is definitely a person prepared for the Gospel. We invited her to be baptized. She did not accept right away but agreed to pray about it. When we extended that invitation I had the feeling that she was ready. She just needs a confirmation. It is an exciting time down here in Violeta Cousiño!

Today we visited the Temple of Bahai(see pictures below) It is a religion of sorts where they believe all religions are correct and lead to the same God. They have a temple up the mountain from where we live. It is one of 7 in the world. It was a very tranquiziling feeling to walk in and feel of the peace there. But I will be honest, it cannot beat the temple. Why? Because the things taught and done in the temple invite, inspire, and drive us to become better people. They invite us to become more like Christ. The Temple of Bahai was very beautiful and peaceful but it lacked the ability to show me who I could become and how.


I testify that Joseph Smith truly saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. Through Jospeh, They restored the Gospel to the Earth once again. The fulness of that Gospel can be found in the Book of Mormon:Another Testament of Jesus Christ. The sacred truths in the Book of Mormon teach us who we always have been and who we have become which includes the ability to be an eternal family never to be sperated by the powers of death or conflict again. God has the power to accomplish such miracles and I know that sacred power and authority only exists within the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Saints. This is the Church of Jesus Christ. I know that He lives and directs this wonderful work that you and I have the priviledge of being more than spectators but rather active participants. 

Love you guys! Have an awesome week!
Elder Evans


Below:  Pictures of the view from the Temple of Bahai





Comments

Popular Posts