Week #73 El Parque!!!!!

Hey everyone what is up? I am writing a little earlier today because we have a lot to do today. Preparation day always seems to go by super fast. 

Q&A
1. How is DL, a new area and a new companion all coming along? All good. This week was kind of slower which I expected because I am adjusting to the new area. But Elder Ashton is a really great guy. He is really fun to be around and we talk openly. So far one of my favorite companions I would say. I have kind of gotten used to be DL so that was not too big of a change

Elder Evans and Elder Ashton

2. Do you think this will be your last big change/transfer?  It is a possibility but I do not think so. From what I have seen so far President Brotherson does not tend to keep missionaries in one spot for a while. I imagine I will be here 2-3 transfers and then head off to my final area
3. How's the work en El Parque? It is pretty good. It is starting off slow because of the changes but we have people here with potential and it is fairly easy(like Violeta) to find other receptive people to teach. Right when I got here I dove into the Area Book and we have already found some solid people with that. There should be one maybe 2 baptisms this transfers depending on how things go
4. How was your week in your new "old" area?  It was actually really fun. There are people here thatI only visited 2-3 times in interchanges that remembered me from January. I have also been able to run into several  members from Javiera Carrera who also remembered me. 
5. what is something you have been studying lately?    I have been really digging into the Old Testament as of late. There is a lot of doctrine, symbolism, history that I did not realize that it was even there. I hope to finish the Old Testament before I get home so I can accomplish my goal of reading all the Standard Works during my mission. I am in 2 Kings as of this week
6. Who is your favorite hero in the Book of Mormon? Captain Moroni is definitely up there. I put him on a leather scripture case for my Spanish triple that I ordered and am now waiting for them to be delivered to the office. I especially like that verse that says if every man had been like unto Captain Moroni the very powers of hell would have been shaken. 

Mom will be happy to hear that I am back to playing the piano. They do not have anyone here just like Javiera Carrera. I am also accompanying their Christmas Choir every Sunday so I will have my hands full(wow how clever of me) with playing piano. 

Hopefully I have more to tell you guys next week once I get to know the area and the people more. I am excited to be back in Javiera Carrera. There are good days ahead!

Love you guys! Have a great week! 
Elder Evans

Picture around the new pension  "Apartment"





Comments

Popular Posts