Week #6 And so it begins......

Surprise! I get to email you guys. Thanks for all the sweet messages. It is great to hear about everything going on at home. It has only been 6 weeks and Gracie has grown so much as well as Lydia and Jacob. These 2 years are going to be great!

Housekeeping....
1. Ok 2 things about writing. My P-Day is on Tuesday now so I will get to write you in 6 days, not 7. First, yesterday, during orientation, we were talking about emailing and a few things came up. First, if you happen to see my email right when I send, feel free to respond. Just know that I won´t be writing back anymore. Know that I will read it if I can but I won´t be writing back. Also, my email time is going to be a little different on the field. There is no assigned time it just depends on what me and my companion want. That means my time is probably going to be shorter as well as my emails. My trainer(I will write more about him in a second) iust the only member in his family and no one is writing him except his friends and his stake president. I don´t know how much time this takes him but I assume he will need less. And if he sits next to me watching me write emails he might feel bad. So I am going to keep it short
2. I got the adapter and I am going to test it tonight. I will let you know how it goes next week.

The final week at the CCM was fun and kind of tough. I really wanted to leave and got tired of sitting in classes. There was some really good moments like an incredible devotional about Joseph Smith the night before we left. I have felt the Spirit a lot during the CCM but I know that there are many more miracles to come. I got a lot more pictures this week. I took pictures of some things I walked by each day so you could see what the CCM looks like. I really wanted to leave the CCM for the field really bad. I actually kind of regret that... Here´s why

Anyone that attends the CCM will soon learn that they are in a bubble. Your investigators are fake and you are surrounded by missionaries and tons of members that really care about you. The field....not so much.

Don´t get me wrong. The field is great. It is only my second day and I have felt the Spirit very much and I have had opportunities to bear my testimonies a lot. But the field is going to take some getting used to. My trainer is Elder Nava from Peru. He is really happy and outgoing. He is also very obedient and diligent which is great. My own problem is...well..you can probably guess...Spanish. Half of the time I can´t understand him but as I work more with him, I understand a little more, line upon line, precept upon precept. He is a great guy and I am so excited to have him as my trainer. 

I love the mission. I really do. Just please keep sending the nice emails. You guys don´t know how much it helps. Often when I cannot communicate with my companion, it feels like  I am all alone. But in only 2 days, I have learned that I am never alone. I strive to live worthily of the Spirit every day so I can always have a best friend. I can pray to God whenever I need to or want. The scriptures are also a huge source of light and comfort. We are never alone. We just need to know where to look

Love you guys
Landon


Below:  Elder Evans with President and Sister Morgan
Missionaries entering the field together with President and Sister Morgan




Roommates at the CCM

Park where we exercised daily


CCM Classroom....Lots of time spent in here




Comments

Popular Posts