Week 9: Shall we not go on in such great a cause?

Hey everyone! Happy 2 months! It is crazy to think that I have been out her for that long. The time is passing by really quick. Each weeks goes by fast. I am starting to understand how quickly these 2 years are going to fly by. 

Q& A
The weather is improving rapidly. It is still cold sometimes but it is starting to warm up. I am actually kind of worried of what it is going to be like working in the field when it is summer and it is extremely hot. I guess we will just have to wait and see. 
- Yes, I feel safe in Chile. There are areas that at certain times we do not visit so it is important to be aware of what is going on in my area. But I feel safe and the Lord is going to protect me. Look up the scripture that says I will be on your right and on your left and see what else the Lord has promised his missionaries. Mason and I are in good hands 
- I only play the piano in sacrament meeting because that is my only opportunity to do so. But President Morgan holds monthly firesides where the missionaries can perform musical numbers so maybe in the future I will do one of those. 
-The Spanish is actually really good. It improves a little bit each day.It really helps to have a native companion. It is hard but in the end it is worth it.  See the story down below for more. 
-My companion Elder Nava is great. Are there times when we have disagreements and misunderstandings? Yes. But that is to be expected. I often remind myself that I was trained to have a companion for 18 years since I am a twin and Mason and I did everything together. And we had our disagreements too. But we overcame those challenges and now we are both on missions serving the Lord. We got this. 
 
A little about my previously mentioned investigators:  Catalina needs some help. She had problems with fulfilling her commitments. But Daniela is coming along well as well as another investigator named Valeska. Both have received a good chunk of the lessons and both have attended church. A lot of new investigators are coming out of the woodwork which is just evidence of how white the field is and how ready it is to be harvested. 

Ok gift of tongues moment. We were teaching a less active member named Diego and his mom. We had a lesson plan for them but right when we started, I had a prompting to change it after listening to the mother's story about her time with the missionaries. And I am glad I did. Elder Nava said after the lesson that when I made the change and started speaking, it was the most clear Spanish he had ever heard me speak. He honestly said that he did not recognize my voice. It was kind of cool. Of course I still struggle with the language. The gift of tongues is not a fix it all solution . Learning a language requires study and practice and struggle.

Love you guys. Thanks for being so supportive. It really helps me a lot, more that you will ever know.

Love ya 
Elder Evans

The first two are pictures of the mountains here. I love the Andes mountains. They are gorgeous.


 The last two are of me and Elder Cazier (one of my roommates) from Washington doing one of my favorite past times, making pancakes






Comments

Popular Posts