Week #13 Happy 3 Months!

Wahoo! 3 months tomorrow! Wow I cannot believe how the time flew. I still have a long way ahead of me  in the mission but the time is starting to pick up. The more adjusted and capable I am in the work, the faster the time flows because we are so busy. 

The new apartment is awesome. It is so much bigger than our last apartment and we are so much closer to our area. We are also closer to a lot of good places to eat and buy things. The apartment is actually kind of too big for only 2 missionaries but I love it. There are so many blessings that come from this new apartment which is awesome but I also know that this comes with a big responsibility. The Lord has provided us with so much and we need to utilize all of it in order to be successful in his work and not just enjoy it for ourselves.

Our kitchen is huge!




General conference....WOW. What a session. We went to the chapel right next to our apartment. It is the stake center so another blessing of the new apartment to note. I actually got to watch it in English. The Spanish missionaries went into the chapel with the members and all the English missionaries who wanted to, especially me, got to go o another room and watch it in English. It is so different watching the talks in a different country and as a missionary, especially the last one. It just feels like the windows of heaven were so much more open than before in my life. I received so much inspiration on what I needed to do now and also, just as important, what to do in the future after  finish my mission.

Our mission is actually starting a new focus which I want to talk aboput right now. The new focus is becoming Preach My Gospel missionaries. When I heard this was the new focus I celebrated inside. Preach My Gospel is such a powerful book. I leaned this truth often before my mission in mission prep. We are taught often in the scriptures that we are supposed to teach the gospel in the Lord's way. And his way is taught and demonstrated in Preach My Gospel. To all thos preparing for misssions now or still have several years until they enter the field, immerse yourself i Preach My Gospel and the sriptures, especially the Book of Mormon. These things are from where we teach, learn, and come to know the Lord. I love both of them so much and I plan to use both of them for the rest of my life. 

The biggest thing I learned from conference is the importance of spiritual preservation. In my last letter, I talked about my Topical Guide project about Jesus Christ. There were so many blessings that came that I do not have the time to talk about but the biggest lesson I learned actually came much later after I finished the project. While it was so powerful in my life, the project was not a fix-it-all solution. After the project, I realized I still had doubts about myself, weaknesses, and struggles that still needed to be addressed. So during conference there was a lot I learned about consistently doing the things that mattered most. Big things like marking every verse about Jesus Christ will increase our testimony and conversion but it will not maintain it. We have to continually study the scriptures, pray, attend church,give service, etc for probably the rest of our lives.  After all, the last part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is endure to the End, isn´t, it?

Love you all and I think about you every day
Elder Evans

Selfie with Elder Nava. What a great guy. 
I  have learned and continue to learn so much from him. 

Still practicing the selfie. Ah well, some things just are not meant to be.

Comments

Popular Posts