Week #25 Chilean Christmas: The Best Kind of Christmas

Hey guys! So glad I get to write you guys after I talked to you guys through Skype yesterday. This email is going to be a little bit shorter than previous ones because I told you guys pretty much everything yesterday but there is still so much to tell!

Q&A
1. Tell us about your new companion, what do you know about his family?  My companion is Elder Lucena from Brazil. His parents are separated and he has a older sister. He and his sister are the only members of their family. His sister served a mission as well and his parents are fairly supportive of him serving a mission. Elder Lucena is 19 years old but he looks older(even more so in the pictures he showed me of him in a beard)
2. What is a question that you are commonly asked as a missionary?  Most common questions are where are you from,, how much time do you have the mission, how old are you and will you give me money?(The last one is kind of a joke but not really. People really do ask us for money. A Lot
3. What is something you will always remember about your first Christmas in Chile? I will always remember the Christmas conference we have as part of my first Christmas. The messages that were given were amazing and many of the musical numbers were very well done.Also how fun it was to talk with you guys on Christmas and have a little time together even though we are so far apart. 

Before Christmas, I was worried about how I was going to feel after talking to you guys. Would I be homesick, able to work? No worries after we finished talking we went to work and we did well. We actually found a new investigator which can be tough on Christmas day and talking with you guys motivated me so much that I went and sent a baptismal date with one of our investigators, Ana for the 27th of January. She is 12 years old and is very receptive to our messageWe are also talking with her cousin Benjamin and we are going to set the same date with him this Saturday.

First Christmas in Chile done and it was one to remember. I miss and love you guys but I know that Heavenly Father has a work for me to do here in Chile and it is not done yet. Know that I love you and think about all of you often.

Love
Elder Evans

note from mom:  Landon said in his call that he had a bunch of pictures to send us.  But we didn't end up getting any, so it will probably be next week.  We had a great call with him.  He is doing so well, loving the work and is very focused.  Probably why he forgot to send the pictures:)

Here is a video of him sharing his testimony in Spanish! (to view video click on the blog link above)






Comments

Popular Posts