Week #38 Happy Easter

Hey everyone! Happy Tuesday! This week was pretty awesome and this one is going to be even better. There is general conference, Easter, interviews with President tomorrow, intercambiops, etc. This week is going to be sweet!

Q&A
What are some Chilean Easter Traditions?  That is an awesome question. I have absolutely no idea up until this point. I will let you guys know next week once I have had my first Easter here. I am sure there are some Catholic traditions that I just do not know about yet. But there is no Easter Bunny here, that I know for sure. 
What are your plans for General Conference?  We are heading to the stake center and we are going to be there practically all day. But a huge blessing is that I will be able to watch it in English. I remember conference in Javiera Carrera. It was awesome and I am suire this will be even better. 
Best moment of last week? Zone conference was the best moment from last week.We went to the mission office on Thursday and we were nearly there all day.  I just love being able to spend the day with President and Hermana Morgan as well as a bunch of other missionaries. This focus our missionary is focusing on increasing our faith in Christ and His promises. I learned so much and I am so excited for what is in store next transfer

 A zone activity!  Love these guys!  

Have you gotten your birthday package yet?  Easter package? I have not received any packages yet. I could tomorrow or next Monday. I will let you know if I do. Elder Harris Boundy my roomate just got the Christmas packages his family sent at the beginning of December for Christmas so we will just have to wait and see. 
How do you get along with the other missionaries in your apartment? I get along with Elder Harris Boundy and Elder Di Leo really well. Last transfer was worse. Elder Lima from Brazil and Elder Bastias did not get along very well so that was tough but this transfer with a new roommate has gone a lot better. 
Tell me about a family you know from your ward that you associate with? 
In each ward, this is one family that you know if you go to their house, they are going to give you food. I love those family. Here in Geronimo de Alderete it is the Gonzalez Bernal family. We went there yesterday just to use their bathroom. But when I came out she had this huge piece of banana bread waiting for me. It was awesome. She also agreed to help us with Patricia which is awesome

The work is going fairly good down here. Thanks for putting Patricia on the prayer roll. She is going to need it. Due to the problems she has had she has starting smoking again so we pretty much have to start from scratch. But we want to make sure she is converted to Christ before she is baptized because we want her to enter the Church and stay there. It is a bit of work but we have service with her this Friday and we have some ideas how to help her. 

I am doing well. I feel good and happy. We are working hard and we are slowly seeing the fruits for our labors. I love the mission and this opportunity I have to serve here to the people of Chile and to the Lord. 

Love you guys! Happy Easter!
Elder Landon Evans

Eating desserts with Elder Bastias What a stud(Notice the Argentina flag hanging in our apartment even though we are serving in Chile)

The Chilean Donut-Berline 
Brainstorm from district meeting

Comments

Popular Posts