Week #40 Let Us All Press On

Hey everyone! Wow I had no idea you guys were going to go to San Diego. That looked like so much fun. I also had no idea that it was spring break or that March Madness had recently finished. Huh effects of getting lost in the work you know?

Hanging out with Elder Bastias and the zone leaders Elder Boidly and Whiting(both from Utah) eating Sushi

Q&A
1. I drink soda when I have to or when I feel like it which is not very often. I do not go out and buy during the week. I have my water bottle always with me which I am pretty content with. Elder Bastias being Chilean is big into soda though. 

Making a super huge sandwich with Elder Bastias!

The seasons are starting to change here in Chile. During the day it is still fairly warm but at night and in the early morning it has started to get fairly chilly. I have started to wear sweaters at night and I know from experience it is only going to get colder. 

Sweaters are starting to make a comeback!

Generally speaking I am doing fairly well. We have found a few good people lately and we have a lot of plans for them. For example we recently founded a family, all of which can be baptized. They are fairly receptive for our message and from what they told us, I can see how the Lord has prepared for them. Their names are Jorge, Ruth, Sebastian. and Catlina. 

Yesterday I finished the Book of Mormon in English for the seond time in the mission and simultaneously started 3 other projects. Reading the Doctrine and Covenants, Isaiah, and the Book of Mormon in Spanish again. The Doctrine and Covenants because I wanted to, Isaiah beause of impressions I recieved that I should be studying it while reading 3 Nephi 23 and El Libro de Mormon because I have made it a personal goal to read the Book of Mormon every day. It is going to be a lot of work and requieres a lot of planning and cosistency but I am so excited to see the blessings it brings. 

This next week should be great. Tons of appointments, intercambios, fireside with President Morgan on Monday, and service throught the week as well of all our other missionary responsiblities. 

Love you guys! Happy birthday Gracie!
Elder Landon Evans

Got my birthday package. Thank you thank you thank you. Loved it
(so grateful, thought it was lost for good, as it was sent on January 2nd)

Oil vial Brother Curtis sent me. So cool...
(The most important item in his birthday package, was this handmade oil vile that Landon's scout master made for him.  I included this in his birthday package, shortly after I sent it Brother Curtis became unexpectedly very ill and a month later passed away at a young age.  He was an amazing example in Landon's life)


Recent Chilean style food I ate(Yes Chileans have their own kind of sushi)

Comments

Popular Posts