Week #41 Answers to Prayers

Hey everyone, how is it going? Wow that week just flew by and all of that news just blew my mind. So much is happening and I love all of it. I am grateful every week that you guys are happy, safe, and just enjoying life. Alright let´s get down to business. 

1. What is new in my area is right across our street is an almost brand new movie theather. It is supposed to finish in May and it is going to be huge. Maybe that will be good for us because it will get busier around that part of our area. 
2. the fireside with President Morgan this Sunday was easily one of the best my whole mission. Preisdent Morgan gave a wonderful message about being a light to the world and the music numbers were incredible. One sister from my zone, Hermana Thorup sang a song from the Lamb of God in Spanish! It was awesome. (Cool tidbit: Her older brother sings in BYU Vocal Point. He is one of the newer ones. 
3. We have actually had a few mini earthquakes or temblors this week. I actually didn't feel them because I was either sleeping or standing up and walking around. But we get a lot of reminders about what to do and we have plenty of tables to get under if a major one happens

Eating completos with the zone leaders

This week was pretty decent but it was a little harder than previous weeks. We are having a harder time finding new investigators this week but we had a few cool miracles. One was Patricia. For the last week it was like she disappeared from of the face of the planet. She never answered our calls and messages nor was she ever home when we passed by. Saturday night we were convinced that she was done with us and we would have to drop her. But she showed up at church on Sunday and we set an appointment for this Wednesday! It was a good moment because finally all our prayers and fasts had worked out. 

Another good moment was Amanda Galvez. She is a less active I met when I first got to this area. She is awesome but it got even better Sunday. We were working with a member in the morning in order to get Amanda's records to this ward. But from what we have found thus far, they do not exist. We have to do some more diggin and it is possible that they show up but if they do not, we will have to baptize her again. That would be a focus of our work next transfer if that happened to be the case. 

Speaking of transfers, next week we have transfers on Monday. So next week I may be letting you know about my new companion. Elder Bastias has 5 transfers or 7 1/2 months here and he is 100% sure that he is going to leave, as well as many others. I personally do not know. I try not to predict things like that because you honestly never know for sure. We will just have to wait and see. 

Les quiero! Tenga una semana fanastica!
Elder Landon Evans

My district! 

Loving my new tie and pillowcase from home! 



Comments

Popular Posts