Week #42 It's Game Time!

Hey everyone what is going on? A lot went down this week and I have a lot of good news to share so let's get right to it!

Q&A
1.How are you clothing holding up?  I did lose a shirt(and the garment underneath) to a pen that exploded in my shirt. Other than that my clothes are doing fairly decent. Suits are still in decent shape and shoes are going well too. 
2. The best thing I ate this week was definitely this dish called torta de verdura(literally vegetable cake. I know sounds weird but I love it. It is a bunch of crepes(sounds like my doesn't it?) with guacamole, sour cream, vegetables layered in between. It is super good. 
3. What was the best thing that happened last week? My good news is referring to that so I will answer wha I am looking forward to in a second
4. Are you playing the piano at all? This Sunday I actually did for. When I did I began to realize how long it has been since I played. It has been a least 3 months when I have actually been to play consistently every week. But I am sure opportunities will arise in the future to play more. 
5. Dad asked me if I missed yard work. The answer really is yes. The mission has actually made me appreciate times like that. Physical labor when I can listen to my tunes and drive the lawn mower around or pull weeds. Also I miss working with Dad so yes I do miss yard work. 

Ok this week was transfers and our stake, La Florida was shaken up. Elder Bastias left this morning and I recieved a new companion Elder Lainez from Peru. It was hard to say goodbye to Elder Bastias. He actually became like a little brother to me in a way. Elder Lainez is awesome. He is super chill but also really dedicated.
Me and my new companion Elder Lainez

Silly Zone Picture

There is even more news. When the asistents called and told me I was going to get a new companion they also told me that I was going to be district leader. Kind of a shocker but I am grateful for this opportunity I have to serve and minister. The fun thing is that my district is really small. My district is only 4 elders me Elder Lainez and Lo Canas the missionaries who live with us. Elder Harris Boundy left and Elder Di Leo is going to train. There are a lot of benefits with this. I will get to see my district on a daily basis. Intercambios are going to be the easiest of my whole missions because they lives with us and I only have to teach them during district meeting. We still have a lot to do and I am excited to see what is next.

More good news: Patricia has a baptismal date! Woo hoo! We did service with her on Friday. We dug a trench kind of like what we did when we moved to Mapleton(see how yard work prepared me for the mission. Thanks Mom and Dad) Right after we finished she asked "Can we set a baptismal date for me?" I had to stop myself from celebrating. She is going to be baptized on May 19th but if we can do it earlier we will gladly do so. 

Lot of good things are going to happen this next week: Appointments, serivce, training with missionaires from the MTC, meetings and a whole bunch of other stuff. So excited. I love missionary work. 

Love you all!
Elder Evans

With Amanda

With Yodi







Comments

Popular Posts